Momentous Corporate Social Responsibilities Policy
IntroductionMomentous recognises its place in the communities in which it operates, and accepts its responsibility to act in a proper and appropriate way in all business matters, and to comply with all relevant law. The Directors and senior Officers of the Company are committed to ensuring that the Company operates in an ethically responsible manner, and fully supports the principles laid out in this Policy. The Company recognises that its conduct, and that of its employees, has an impact on its reputation and therefore takes its responsibilities seriously. The Company is committed to implementing policies and systems that are relevant to its business to ensure operation to a high standard within the industry; complying with legislation and protection of the Company, customers and staff; and monitoring the effectiveness of these policies and systems activities. Such policies and systems will, for example, ensure effective operations, traceability and record-keeping and health & safety of staff and visitors, promoting good working relationships with staff, customers and suppliers and care for the environment.
ResponsibilityThe following key responsibilities apply to the CSR Policy...
- Board of Directors, Company Secretary - overall responsibility for the company's compliance with relevant law, monitoring compliance, motivating staff to fulfil the aims and objectives of the Company, modifying this Policy in the light of changes in law, expectations of stakeholders and good
- All staff - to be familiar with the aspects of this CSR Policy that apply to them, to at all times act in a professional manner when on Company business, to follow guidelines in this CSR Policy and other Handbooks/procedures that are published and relate to their job roles, to notify Management of any potential or suspected breach of this leading to policy.
Relationships with Staff, Customers, Suppliers & OthersThe Company shall...
- Strive to maintain a workplace in which there is mutual trust and respect and where every person feels responsible for the performance and reputation of our company
- Create and maintain a safe and healthy working environment for its employees and visitors
- Maintain good communications with employees, customers and suppliers
- Foster excellent working relationships with staff, customers and suppliers
- Respect the individual and each other's rights, customs and traditions including the right to freedom of association
- Work towards achieving a diverse workforce, recruiting,employing and promoting employees on the basis of objective criteria and the qualifications and abilities needed for the job to be performed
- Assist employees in developing their skills to enable them to perform their jo bs more effectively
- Treat prospective employees with respect
- Hold all information received, discussed and stored in strict confidence and in a secure manner (regardless of the means of storage) where access to information is given on the basis of All staff shall ensure that information gained during the course of work is not disclosed to parties outside the Company under any circumstances, except where this is necessary for the proper provision of the Company's services to its Customers
Ethical ConductThe Company shall operate, and expects all employees and others working on its behalf to operate, in a morally and ethically responsible and 'proper' manner. All business dealings will be carried out to a standard as expected by the stakeholders,and to ensure that legal and Customer/stakeho lder requirements are met or exceeded.
Conflict of InterestsWhilst the Company respects the privacy of its employees, all employees are expected to avoid personal activities and financial interests that could conflict with their responsibilities to the Company. Employees are required to declare any potential conflict of interest immediately it comes to light Employees must not seek gain for themselves or others through misuse of their positions or company property. Information received by anyone in the course of his or her employment must not be used for personal gain or for any purpose other than that for which it was given. Where information is confidential, that confidentiality must be respected All actual and potential conflicts (including those arising from the activities or interests of close relatives or partners) should be disclosed to and discussed with an employee's line manager.
Anti-bribery & Anti-corruptionNo employee shall offer, give, seek or receive, either directly or indirectly, inducements or other improper advantages for business or financial gain and no employee may offer, give, seek or receive any gift or payment which is, or could be construed as such. If an employee is in any doubt as to whether he or she may accept an offer,that employee should discuss the issue with his or her manager or the Board of Directors All Company records and supporting documents must accurately describe and reflect the nature of the underlying transactions. The Company will not facilitate, support, tolerate or condone any form of money laundering.
Anti-competitive activitiesThe Company will not facilitate,support, tolerate or condone any activity that may be construed to be anti-competitive (for example price fixing, abuse of a position of (or leading to) market domination.
Health & SafetyThe Company shall ensure that systems are in place to safeguard the health and safety of employees in the workplace and visitors to Company premises, and to comply with all applicable Health & Safety Legislation. The following areas shall be addressed within the Company's Health & Safety Policy and system (note that this list is for example and may not be exhaustive) ...
- Management and employee responsibility
- Risk assessment
- Manual handling
- First aid
- Display screen equipment
- Accident, near-miss and dangerous occurrence reporting
- Fork lift trucks